The NSW Cyber Ambassador program seeks to engage a select group of business, academics, professionals and secondary students to represent their area of expertise within STEM/iSTEM and cyber security to help mentor students and give them the benefit of a rich and varied knowledge base.
What will Cyber Ambassadors do?
Each Ambassador will select a region or school to liaise with, to share knowledge from their own area of expertise. They will be given opportunities to connect with, engage, empower and inspire young people, to help build awareness of future career possibilities for them.
Ambassadors will have the opportunity to connect with industry representatives and participate in hands-on cybersecurity and STEM programs, assisting the NSWCSN to reach common educational goals with schools and their students. Ambassadors will have a choice of modes for engaging with schools.
Who is eligible to be an Ambassador?
NSWCSN wants diversity in its Ambassador program, so the eligibility requirements are simple: People working in IT, STEM or cyber security fields, or studying/teaching IT, STEM or cyber security subjects.
Secondary and tertiary students who are actively involved and have a passion and understanding for cyber are encouraged to apply.
Is this role paid?
The Cyber Ambassador is a volunteer role, but reasonable expenses for travel and school engagement will be met by the NSWCSN.
- Understanding / Knowledge of Cyber security /STEM / iSTEM and how cyber security impacts employment and which subject choices are beneficial.
- Practical skills acquired on the job and knowledge of industry practices will be highly regarded.
- Ability to acquire additional skills, knowledge and abilities by relating them to responsibilities in previous positions or studies.
- Ability to articulate clearly how you intend to contribute to developing interest in schools and where you see industry going.
- Applicants must be willing to undertake travel within their selected regions to schools or
- Communication skills are essential.
NSW Cyber Security Ambassador Application 2018/2019
The NSW Cyber Security Network Ambassador Program purpose is to increase awareness and growth around all aspects of Cyber within NSW. Cyber Ambassadors will be the positive driving force and must have a deep level of understanding and passion for promoting their Cyber experiences from a diverse range of backgrounds. Ambassadors have a valuable opportunity to influence, engage and empower upcoming emerging young minds towards careers in cyber security.
The NSWCSN is keen to attract a diverse range of Ambassadors that can connect and engage positively and effectively with students undertaking STEM/iSTEM & Cyber programs. Applicants ideally should already be in an industry associated with Cyber Security, have strengthened cyber security knowledge through tertiary education via university / VET studies.
You have a passion for further learning and passion for the cyber security industry with a desire to provide leadership and guidance into the emerging workforce.