The NSW Cyber Ambassador has engaged a select group of business, academics, professionals and secondary students to represent their area of expertise within STEM/iSTEM and cyber security to help mentor students and give them the benefit of a rich and varied knowledge base.
Each Ambassador selects a region or school to liaise with, to share knowledge from their own area of expertise. They are given opportunities to connect with, engage, empower and inspire young people, to help build awareness of future career possibilities for them.
Ambassadors have the opportunity to connect with industry representatives and participate in hands-on cyber security and STEM programs, assisting the NSWCSIN to reach common educational goals with schools and their students. Ambassadors have a choice of modes for engaging with schools.
Meet our most recent cyber ambassador, Commander Robert Smilie.
Please note that NSW cyber security ambassador applications for 2020 are currently closed. If you have any questions, or would like to be personally notified when applications re-open, please contact email@example.com.
Who is eligible to be an Ambassador?
NSWCSN wants diversity in its ambassador program, so the eligibility requirements are simple: people working in IT, STEM or cyber security fields, or studying/teaching IT, STEM or cyber security subjects. Secondary and tertiary students who are actively involved and have a passion and understanding for cyber are also encouraged to apply.
Is this role paid?
The cyber ambassador is a volunteer role, but reasonable expenses for travel and school engagement will be met by the NSWCSIN.
- Understanding / knowledge of cyber security /STEM / iSTEM and how cyber security impacts employment and which high school subject choices are beneficial
- Practical skills acquired on the job and knowledge of industry practices will be highly regarded
- Ability to acquire additional skills, knowledge and abilities by relating them to responsibilities in previous positions or studies
- Ability to articulate clearly how you intend to contribute to developing interest in schools and where you see industry going
- Applicants must be willing to undertake travel within their selected regions to schools or events
- Strong communication skills.